We all go through the feeling of creative depression at some point in our lives.For me, it’s close to my school finals. We just get mysteriously deprived of our ability to generate legible, if not great, ideas.
So here are some ways to get your creative juices flowing again:
- HAVE FUN. If there’s one sure-fire way to make ideas, it’s by being positive about it and not pressure yourself.
- EMBRACE FAILURE. If you want to make sure you’ve done something to your best, you need to go as far as you can. And eventually, you’ll crash. And that’s okay. Revel in your failures.
- EXPOSE YOURSELF. Get yourself as many diverse inputs in your life as you can. Force yourself to read a book every week. Listen to a science podcast every day. Run a blog. Create the most vibrant life for yourself as you possibly can.
- DO IT DIFFERENT. If you normally brush with your right hand use your left hand or a while. Pick a random book from your local library. Change your bedsheets. And your thinking.
- STAY TRUE. Nothing is better than an idea driven by passion. So if you’re finding it hard to create ideas, take a deep breath, and do something you love, like writing a poem, or playing the guitar.
“If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on
― Steve Jobs