- BREATHE. This is the best way to detox and live in the present moment. This could be in the form of meditation, taking a shower, or walking your dog. This lets you pause for a moment and check in on yourself.
- WRITE. Maintaining a daily journal (or blog) helps you address all that went right or wrong in your day. Once you write something in a journal, you don’t need to think about it anymore.
- DO SOMETHING YOU LOVE. If you’re feeling down, maybe you haven’t done something you enjoy for a long time. Every day, take some time pursuing your hobbies and passions.
- TALK TO FRIENDS. Ring your best friend up and meet them over the weekend. Talk about the things that make your heart sing. Get all the fresh gossip you possibly can. What you’re doing doesn’t matter as much as who you’re doing it with.
- TRY SOMETHING NEW. Watch a different news channel in the morning. Wear a different hair tie to school. Take a new route to the office. Whatever it is, take your time to embrace the new sensation you get by doing something new.
- GO FOR A RUN. Exercise is scientifically proven to reduce depression and anxiety. And it helps get rid of those sushi rolls under your shirt. So why not run a mile in the morning? You’ll get to see the sunrise too.
- SLEEP. Having problems with your day? Sleep on it. It lets you slow down for a while and not consciously do anything. so if you’re not feeling happy, a nap is completely fine.
- WATCH A MOTIVATIONAL VIDEO. It doesn’t need to be just motivational. Anything that makes you inspired to do better is great. Binge.
- CLEAN YOUR HOUSE. It’ll get your mind off of anything that’s bugging you, and you’ll make your bed ready for a good night’s sleep.
- SMILE! Just do it.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.