- Classical music. I could write about this forever.
- TwoSetViolin. God, these people are amazing.
- YLAC – the Counter Speech Fellowship.
- Bringing the iPod back to life. And downloading Hilary Hahn’s album onto it.
- Discovering music courses on coursera.
- Hank Green’s new book, A Beautifully Foolish Endeavour, being announced.
- Watching 30 hours of Project for Awesome livestreams.
- Careless Whisper.
- Chopin – Etude Op. 25 No.11. I jumped out of my seat the first time I heard it. My god.
- Claire de Lune. I still cry when I listen to it.
To all my friends who take the time to read my blog, first of all, thank you. 2019 has been weirdly vivid and extremely terrifying in equal measures, and if you made it to the end with me, thank you. Second: this year has shown me what real fear feels like. It reaches to the deepest corner of your mind and it penetrates into your soul, and you definitely don’t feel like your best when it comes around. So those of you who went through a scary phase and came out alive, congratulations. You get to live another day, and I respect your resilience. Those of you fighting with regret over the things you couldn’t accomplish, it’s okay. 2020 is right around the corner, and god only knows what you’ll achieve. So keep going strong.
And most importantly: to those who embarked on journeys feeling scared, alone and out of love, but still persisted, I send all my strength out to you. You are a real player, and no matter what the circumstance, I assure you that in 2020, good things will come right to your doorstep.
Happy New Year.
It’s finally here. The year’s ending, and I couldn’t be more glad, honestly. It means I get to write my decade in review! Here we go.
- Attending the Counter Speech Fellowship. July-Sep 2019
- This is a petty one, but 40 trophies. 2010-2019
- Cycling 17 kilometres in under an hour and then falling very very sick, skipping the first week of ninth grade. March 2018
- Starting this blog 🙂 January 2018
- Performing in front of a live crowd at the CSF graduation. Sep 2019
- The first one is so embarrassing I wish I could crawl into the earth and stay there forever. April 2019
- I didn’t attempt several questions in my 80 mark tests, which disturbs me more than I had expected. Oct & Dec 2019
- I called Alexa Alekhya and was confused why she wasn’t responding. Nov 2019
Biggest Lessons Learnt
- You gotta stop living your life so delicately, man. You’re allowed to make mistakes and grow from them. Dec 2019
- You ain’t getting nowhere without practice. Dec 2019
- There are more interesting things in life than the idea of a person. Oct 2019
- Let loose, man. 2016-2019
- If you don’t comb your hair, it’s gonna end up looking like sh*t. 2012-forever
- Discovering TwoSet Violin, the YouTube channel that fulfills all my musical desires. Dec 2019
- Going to Goa, then coming back and going on a spontaneous flight to Darjeeling by myself. May 2019
- My first live drama, in which I did something besides narrating. I played the role of a pig. Dec 2018
Biggest Skills I’m Holding Onto
- Learning Chinese and Spanish. 2015–
- Learning to play the guitar, ukulele and keyboard. 2010–
- Cycling everyday. 2018–
- Writing. 2016–
- My undying curiosity for anything even remotely interesting. 2015–
Goals for the 20’s
- Fluency at as many new languages as possible. 2020-2030
- Finish my guitar grades. 2024
- Travel to at least 5 different countries. 2020-2030 (please, mom and dad)
To all my friends, I hope you had a great decade and I hope you have an even greater 2020. Happy New Year!